Do you love all things IT? Do you enjoy engaging with customers, solving problems and working with technology solutions? If that's a yes, you'll fit right in with our friendly team. Supporting a diverse range of organisations, including charities, education, manufacturing and more, there will be plenty of fun and challenges to ensure no two days will be the same!
A friendly and supportive office environment plus good benefits are on offer.
Joining our support team, you'll be responsible for both inbound and outbound technical support activities; supporting services and solutions supplied to customers. These are a combination of managed, hosted and business IT services, along with professional hardware and software solutions. The majority of your time will be spent onsite at customer locations, most local to us throughout Berkshire, but also sometimes taking you to London, Essex and the North West. A pool car is provided for your use.
You're a great communicator and someone that translates effectively to those that are non-technical. Working with a sense of urgency and priding yourself on exceptional delivery you'll get a real sense of satisfaction. Developing strong relationships with our customers as we continue to grow is important.
So what will you be involved with on a day to day basis?
- Ensuring that the service desk meets it's SLA requirements
- Providing technical support on new and existing support cases - some onsite, or via telephone, remote control software and email when in the office
- Logging new support calls accurately when received
- Providing onsite and remote migration/solution installation/configuration assistance as required
- Making recommendations to customers
- Updating the support system with information and timesheet details
- Responding quickly to alerts from automated systems that monitor both customer and company hosted IT infrastructure
We do require you to come equipped with a range of technical skills, though we encourage further learning and we are always sharing knowledge among the team. Essential requirements would include;
- Windows Server 2008, 2012
- Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, Exchange Online (365)
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, VPN
- Windows 7, 8, 10
- Mac OSx
- Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, 2016
- Microsoft Small Business Server 2008, 2011
- Mobile Devices iOS, Android
- Firewall configuration and management
It's great if you've had exposure to Administration of VMware vSphere, Hyper-V and back-up software, but not essential. Equally desirable would be knowledge of Windows Server 2016, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 onwards and Microsoft SharePoint 2013 onwards.
You'll also offer a relevant qualification within IT or a Microsoft Certification.
If you are keen to join a growing organisation and support a diverse base of customers, we encourage you to apply. We take your career development seriously, and benefits include healthcare after 12 months service.
A quick start is available.