Do you offer a well rounded IT knowledge and love dealing with a variety of challenges every day? Are you looking for somewhere to work that offers career prospects, continuous learning and a mix of time both in and out of the office?
Are you customer focused, and enjoy engaging with them, solving problems and working with technology solutions? If that's a yes, you'll fit right in with our friendly team.
Supporting a diverse range of organisations, including charities, education, manufacturing and more, there will be plenty of fun and challenges to ensure no two days will be the same!
A friendly office environment plus good benefits are on offer.
- Joining our support team, you'll be responsible for both inbound and outbound technical support activities; supporting services and solutions supplied to customers. These are a combination of managed, hosted and business IT services, along with professional hardware and software solutions.
- The majority of your time will be spent onsite at customer locations, most local to us throughout Berkshire, but also sometimes taking you to London, Essex and the North West. A pool car is provided for your use.
You'll be a great communicator and someone that translates effectively to those that are non-technical. Working with a sense of urgency and priding yourself on exceptional delivery, you'll be developing strong relationships with our customers as we continue to grow.
So what will you be involved with on a day to day basis?
- You'll ensure that our service desk meets it's SLA requirements
- You'll provide technical support on new and existing support cases - some onsite, or via telephone, remote control software & email when in the office
- Log new support calls accurately
- Providing onsite and remote migration/solution installation/configuration assistance as required
- Making recommendations to our customers
- Updating the support system with information and timesheet details
- Responding quickly to alerts from automated systems that monitor both customer and company hosted IT infrastructure
As our IT Field Engineer, we do require you to come equipped with a range of technical skills, though we encourage further learning and we are always sharing knowledge among the team. Essential requirements would include;
- Windows Server 2008, 2012
- Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, Exchange Online (365)
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, VPN
- Windows 7, 8, 10
- Mac OSx
- Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, 2016
- Microsoft Small Business Server 2008, 2011
- Mobile Devices iOS, Android
- Firewall configuration and management
It's great if you've had exposure to Administration of VMware vSphere, Hyper-V and back-up software, but not essential. Equally desirable would be knowledge of Windows Server 2016, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 onwards and Microsoft SharePoint 2013 onwards.
You'll also offer a relevant qualification within IT or a Microsoft Certification.
If you are keen to join a growing organisation and support a diverse base of customers, we encourage you to apply. We take your career development seriously, and benefits include healthcare after 12 months service.
A quick start is available.